Nobody wants to read my helpful guide on how to become a Trustee of Education Otherwise, which makes it even less popular than my nit-picking posts about the draft Welsh Guidance.
I was asked why anyone would want to be a Trustee.
Here are 10 reasons
- EO has helped you and you want to give something back
- You have a special area of expertise or experience which you think would be useful to EO eg website design or accounts
- You always sort of felt you should volunteer for something but you’ve been too busy before
- EO hasn’t really been able to help you or anyone you know but that’s because there aren’t enough volunteers
- You are curious about what’s been happening behind the scenes in EO
- You think being a Trustee will be good for your CV
- You think being a Trustee will make you look respectable/untouchable to your local council
- You know someone who is a Trustee and they asked you as a favour to make up the numbers and swore blind that you you wouldn’t really have to do anything
- You have A Vision for EO and you’d like to make The Vision work but if it can’t work then EO should be wound up
- You think if YOU don’t do anything then a small group could just take over EO and that would be bad for home education because…